Wednesday 26 November 2008

The slugs have left the building

I never used to appreciate coming downstairs in the morning to a slug-trail-free carpet. I do now. Heck, yes.
Two more landmarks this week - we have finished wallpapering the study. It is now a pleasing patchwork of old magnolia-painted paper and new not yet magnolia-painted paper. But I didn't have to repaper round the window reveal. This is, in my opinion, a very good thing indeed. And it looks a whole lot better than the mish mash of 270 year old limewashed plaster and modern repairs. Just the rest of the house to go now.
I've also perpetrated another 50,000 words of execrable fiction in the name of NaNoWriMo, which means I'm edging closer to completing the million words of dross required as part of my writerly apprenticeship. And it's been hard work dredging up so much rubbish this year. I made a silly mistake in starting out trying to base it on my post-apocalyptic idea for the End of Course Assessment (ECA in OU-speak) and discovered it's doomed...

2 comments:

Graeme K Talboys said...

Well, being apocalyptic, I suppose it would be doomed.

Congrats on finishing NaNo.

And wallpapering. Ever tried papering a ceiling? Oh what fun.

Vague said...

Cheers :-)
Papering ceilings? 1994. The memory lingers...